Friday, June 27, 2014

FINALS ARE OVER FOR QUARTER 1; TIME FOR A BREAK!

SOUTH UNIVERSITY: TAMPA BAY QUARTER 1

Well, I finished Quarter 1 with a A in Intro to Nursing, and A in Fundamentals 1 and a B in (Pharm 1 with an 86) and Lab with a "P"…there is no A or B in Lab its just Pass/Fail. But if I had to put my own grade on it I'd say I got an A. I know in Pharm I could have made an A had I studied more throughout the week. If I had to put a rate on a scale of 0-10 of my effort level this quarter I'd say I would rate myself a 7 1/2. Could have given more effort to do better in the Pharm class to get that A but I'm pretty happy nonetheless. I made sure to make time for things other than school… Be sure not to forget that! Also, don't focus so much on the grade, focus on the skills and things you are learning thats the important part, because at the end of the day, where ever you get hired isn't going to look and say what grade did you make..? NO! There going to say….did you pass your NCLEX and are you a RN?

So, all in all, it wasn't too bad, the tests were harder than the material in the Intro and the Fundamentals class (in my opinion)….They are huge on critical thinking and I think often times make the questions harder than really need be…But, I guess thats just the name of the game. Pharm class, with the teacher we had, was awesome and super fair. She gave us great reviews and was very helpful without giving away the test. What I will say is know your stuff for Pharm, know your Adverse Effects and Drug Interactions especially… If you need more help in this area, feel free to message me. I have super great summarized and organized notes. Read you chapters, study the ATI book they supply you, use the Pharm Lab manual (which by the way we don't have to do but it's helpful if you do it cause she pulls test questions from the manual and from the ATI online tests). Study you notes and the power points. She will give an online review and an in class review..go to the in class review and RECORD the review so you can go back to and listen to it, very helpful. (This was about Pharm) ^^^^

Also, I would recommend exchanging numbers and finding a few friends that you get along with so that you can study with and share assignments and so that you can split up reviews for tests.

I am on my 1 break from school, we got 10 days off to enjoy some peace and harmony in our souls…lol… and I not gonna lie, I'm enjoy every minute of not being in class or at my desk at home studying all day… I've made time to workout at least 3-4 days per week , study to make the grades I made and spend time with my friends and family. I don't work or have kids so just keep that in mind for your own time management.


Here's a quick glance at what QUARTER 2 is gonna look like for us:

The Quarter 2 is Monday through Friday. We have 1 class each day and Friday is clinical day. 
Monday: Pharm2 9am-12pm
Tuesday: Fundamentals 2 Lab (times vary depending on the lab time you choose) There are 3. Mine is the 12pm-4pm Lab
Wednesday: Fundamentals 2 Lecture 9am-12pm
Thursday: Lab again/ Same as Tuesday
Friday: Clinical Day (elderly care) 6:30am-12:30pm (we draw names from a hat to pick our location btw; good luck, most of us got the location that we wanted)
Off Saturday and Sunday……To Study! ha! 



So there is it peeps…. Quarter 2 which starts this coming Monday. Our nice little break is almost over!

Oh and I although we only got 10 days for our first break, our next 2 breaks are like 3 and 4 weeks off, One in September and the other is in December for our Christmas and New Year holiday so that should be pretty nice…Unless your one of those kind of people who don't like breaks..LOL!

Anyhow, until next post! TTYL :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on your grades! Exercising and having some alone and friends/family time is very important for both your physical and mental health...Don't forget to rest! Sounds like you are on the right track, keep on truck'n girl!

    ReplyDelete